Top 5 Green Cleaning Products
With spring right around the corner, lots of people are expecting a long held tradition clean and to freshen their dwellings.
With that comes the option of which cleaning products to use. Most folks are not aware of the risks in using standard cleaning products involved.
The common cleaning product, whether it is air freshener, dish soap, bleach, or an all purpose cleaner, features substances that are harmful. A few of these substances, called “cancer causing agents” literally cause cancer. Other chemicals can cause eye irritation, damage red blood cells, cause long-term respiratory difficulties, asthma, headaches, allergies, and can disrupt hormones. The list continues.
That’s the reason why it is so vital that you “go green”, even if it’s merely for your own health’s sake.
Federal laws are currently not in spot to drive manufacturers to disclose all ingredients. However, some manufacturers do list some of the ingredients, and just a little research will reveal which ingredients cause damage.
Simply stated, green products are products that don’t contain toxins which are dangerous to your own health or the environment.
There is not enough space here to list all the harmful compounds that are available in most cleaning products (even some of the so called “green” varieties). Incidentally, some of the “green” cleaning products aren’t truly green because of deficiency of guidelines that have yet to be enforced by the FDA.
To save yourself time, I’ve included a listing of healthy products below.
I’ve spent a significant period of time researching error, trial and products, and have found a handful of high quality products that truly are green, and safe to use.
1. EcoSense product line by Melaleuca business. It is a business that ships to consumers. These are the highest quality products for the best cost.
2. Dr. Bronner’s 18 in 1 Pure Castile Soap (Peppermint ) Seen in most natural health stores, it is a healthier alternative to a general cleaning product.
3. J.R. Watkins – These products smell great and work nicely. They can be found in some stores, and a little pricier than your typical cleaning product, but you receive an immense return on your own investment when you consider your well-being.
4. Seventh Generation Toilet Cleaner- Discovered in some health shops, thsee toilet cleaners have an ear their smell, but are some of the greatest options for toilet cleaners because they lack toxins that are harmful.
5. It’s made from egg shells and ashes and works great on tougher cleaning jobs. Baking soda may also be used as a natural merchandise that was scouring. Some individuals like to mix white distilled vinegar with baking soda to make a paste for tough areas like the oven.
DIY – White distilled vinegar works best, should you be thinking about making your own products. When used properly a great all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, as well as disinfectant. Pour into your mop water and you have got a healthful, effective floor cleanser. (Beware: there are varying views on using vinegar on wood or granite floorings.) All purpose cleanser and when using vinegar, be sure to cut on the vinegar in half, otherwise it cleaning supplies will not be too alkaline to use on your surfaces. The smell is… well, rather vinegary. But the scent dissipates as it dries.
If all of this is too much, you always have the option to hire a cleaning service that is eco-friendly to do your cleaning for you. The compounds resonate in the air and on the surfaces while the cleaning is done even if you are away from home. Care should be taken to protect your family’s health and your health from these hazardous compounds. By just switching your products, you could be saved a lot of headaches and money later on.